

Jacinda is one month old and it is so hard to believe. I feel like it has still just been a week or two. Partly it is due to the fact that all the two of us do is sleep and eat. She's been out shopping a couple times but she rouses frequently when napping, so she starts crying a lot and you just never know when she might wake up screaming and not stop.
We have had an eventful week though. Sunday we spent all day on pins and needles waiting to hear if all our family and friends at New Life were ok or not. I work there with Hospitality, so my immediate thought was all of them since they are always walking the building. Then it went to my brother-in-law who works in the Tech dept. and then when I heard the gunman went down the main hall (near all the nursery and elementary classrooms) I thought of my sister Jennifer who works in nursery but also picks up her kids from that area. I was relieved to know they had already left as did my other sister, Kim. Unfortunately, we missed the family meeting on Wednesday because we ended up in Urgent and After Hours care because mommy had mastitis and needed antibiotics. It came on so suddenly with flu like symptoms, so I wanted to get it taken care of quickly. It is not fun to try to take care of a baby and have aches, chills and a fever.
Thursday night I was feeling good enough to go to a homebirth family open house hosted by our midwives (Robin and Laura). We had a good time where we got to see a couple of our Bradley Class friends once again. Robin and Laura were shocked that it had already been a month since Jacinda's birth, it has gone so quickly. They have had a huge number of first time moms give birth at home and so were glad that a lot of us could make it. Here is a picture of Jacinda ready to go to the party, the hat is so cute!!
No comments:
Post a Comment