This is a beautiful home birth photo montage that my midwife had on her blog. It made me cry as I watched because it is such a precious and beautiful experience to have a child in the peace, comfort and intimacy of your home. I am so glad that we were able to bring Jacinda into the world in this gentle way. I have a friend whose daughter just had her second baby and he left the hospital with a bruise on his arm and head from childbirth, obviously not so gentle and actually pretty disturbing. The statistics in the montage are shocking. That in some places 55% of women have c-sections. In our Bradley Class we had a doula come speak to us and said that when she asked the nurses in the hospital what percentage of mothers had natural births (NO epidurals) they said less than 1%. When watching Baby Story or Bringing Home Baby one day, the mother said, "Yeah, I had a natural child birth. Well, with an epidural, of course!" Umm... that is not natural! Anyway, if you are brave enough to watch this, enjoy!
*WARNING* does contain nudity and show babies actually being born, so may not be for the faint.
No comments:
Post a Comment