Wow, let's see. We'll start with the newest Mason. We had our 16 week check-up and we're stilling doing great and growing. We got to take a peak at the little one, though we didn't intend to. Little one seemed to be hiding from the doppler, so she wanted to do an ultrasound to see where his/her heart was! We found it... phew! lol She did try to see if she could see any gender parts, but nothing was too clear, so we'll just have to wait until 19 weeks to try again. I didn't expect to find out, so am not disappointed.
Jacinda ended up with a stomach bug about two weeks ago, so was home a couple days with her. Then Saturday, on Halloween I came down with it. I was so sad because I had helped plan our Weaver family costume party and then had to miss it. It did take me about three times of losing my breakfast before I realized I really was sick and it didn't have anything to do with being pregnant because I felt great otherwise. So, spent the day trying to keep water down and sucking on ice to make sure I didn't get dehydrated. Sunday was a pretty lazy day for us as I desperately tried to eat food and make up all my water loss from Saturday. Then Sunday afternoon Jacinda felt hot and ended up with a 101.2 degree fever. At bath time she started saying "owie, owie" so I began to fear she had the flu. In the morning she woke up screaming "owie" so we knew something was wrong. She ended up having double ear infections, poor girl! But, wow, was I relieved that it was not the flu! So, we stayed home Monday and Tuesday while the anti-biotics and homeopathic ear drops kicked in and while I still recovered from the stomach bug. I had the hardest time recovering. Tuesday Jeff came home early from work with chills and aches... oh NOOO!!! Well, turns out after a good nap and some chicken soup he was fine, Praise GOD!
We do have very exciting news along the Mason Family Tree line. So, long story short, Jeff never met his dad as his parents were divorced when he was one and never kept in contact with him or anyone from that side of the family. A couple months ago one of his aunts found him on facebook and now this week he has been connecting with more and more family. We are hearing all about his family and how they have all been thinking and talking about Jeff for years, even his dad and his grandpa. He has gotten to see pictures of his dad, grandpa and many others and it is just so exciting! We are praying hard we can get the funds together to be able to go out for a visit sometime next year. We have found even though we have been going through tough financial times, family and close friends really is all we have in this life and this has given us joy and hope again. We now have something greater to look forward to and it is refreshing! We have yet to tell Jeff's mom about this, so pray that it will be well accepted and she will have some positive things to say. We are so grateful for this technology age and that Judy stepped out and sent out messages to all the Jeff Masons! :)
Thursday, November 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment