Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Update.. finally!

So, I got on here 3 weeks ago to update and forgot to publish it and add pics, so below is what I wrote. I also had trouble uploading more than 1 photo at a time, so you get a slideshow this time. :) So, Jillian is now 10 weeks old and we have her 2 mo well baby check up on Thursday, so I am excited to see what she weighs and how long she is. She seems to be cutting her first tooth! You can see the white under her gum and feel the little lump. This morning she was drooling a lot, so not sure if that was from the tooth or just a coincidence. She smiles all the time now and even has a little laugh starting. The last few days she hasn't wanted to sleep more than 30 min at a time, which is hard when she'll take 4-5 hr naps on most days, especially at KidsLife. So... it is a miracle when I actually get stuff done around here.

Jacinda has had a bad cough since Thursday, so we're at home again today, which is how I have time to update the blog. The worse she's been was on Friday in which she had a fever and watery eyes and runny nose on top of the cough. I don't like when she's sick but it is worse in the summer when it is 84 degrees in the house and she's burning up and just wants to be held. :(

Hmm... what else have we been up to? Not much, just caring for a newborn and trying to figure out how to handle a 2 1/2 yr old that is acting out towards her mommy. I think it comes down to just trying to get some attention from me and so I think this weekend Jacinda and I will need to spend some quality time together. I think she has had a hard time adjusting to mommy not being able to read to her and put her to bed. Poor girl.

Jillian is now already 7 weeks old and I have started back to work. I have mixed feelings. It's good to get back into a schedule again and Jacinda gets to see her friends, but yet hard because Jillian is just still so young. Last week we had Jillian's final appointment with our midwife and that is always sad. Jillian is now 10lbs 7oz and is 23 3/4" long. So far it seems like Jillian may be opposite of Jacinda and outgrow her clothes length-wise instead of width, but we'll see! She is a very good sleeper so far and I love it because Jacinda wasn't. Jillian has been sleeping from about 10:30pm to 5:30am straight pretty consistently, so I just hope that it doesn't change, unless of course it is an even longer stretch. She also has started smiling which is such a precious gift, I can't wait to hear her first laugh! She seems to be a little more verbal than Jacinda was, which is just so adorable. I love her little coos!

No comments: