Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Jacinda's First Haircut

First of all, I can't even believe that it is January 14, already. It seems like I just updated this. Jacinda refused to leave barretts or pigtails in her hair and so with it always in her eyes, it was definitely time to get her first haircut. I never thought that day would come. I just assumed my baby would be way older before she needed a haircut since I and all my sisters were bald until we were two. So, here are pictures from her first cut.

Before

Daddy CAREFULLY cutting....



WHAT HAPPENED TO MY BABY??? This is a little girl!!!

So, YES, she is sitting on the potty chair. That seems to be the only place we can put her since she has become mobile to where she will sit still. We've actually been putting her on the potty since she was 8 months old to condition her to go right when she gets up in the morning. She does go and knows when she needs to go as sometimes she will have a panicked whine when you take her diaper off and then she'll go as soon as you set her down. So, we're just waiting for her to be able to say, "potty" and we'll start potty training her.

Jacinda is saying more and more words every day. Some of her latest are "meow," "teetee" (kitty), "dedut" (Peanut one of our cats), "see" (for I want to see), "Dijin" (Christian- she loves her cousin Christian) and "Aydee" (Hayley- she also loves her cousin Hayley).

Daddy giving Jacinda her first of MANY MANY horsey rides to come!


Other updates, Jacinda is actually teething ALL four of her first molars and her bottom two incisors. She hasn't been cranky at all... (I hope you sense my sarcasm). The biggest change right now is her bedtime. She just does not want to go to bed. So, her bedtime for the last week has sadly been closer to 9pm. I am not adjusting well! We have been so spoiled by having a good 3-4 hours in the evening to have for ourselves, but now I am spending a good majority of that fighting to get a very tired girl to bed.
We have pretty much given up on having her wear the oxygen to bed because with her teething she wakes up more often and moves around which just makes the canula come out of her nose and get all twisted and then makes her completely wake up and we get to start over. Or if she does stay asleep she wakes up without it in her nose in the morning anyway or wrapped around her neck. I have spent a good amount of time calling the doctors to try to talk to convince them to just order her off because it can't do any good if she won't leave it in or if the tubing strangles her. They just said to do our best and wait to see the pulmonologist again.... thanks Dr!

No comments: