Sorry for not writing any updates recently, I just haven't gotten down to the computer lately since when I do I always have a helper and things tend to take a little longer than normal. We have been doing well! My pregnancy is still going great, though I am very ready to have this baby. I am 35 1/2 weeks along, so about 4 1/2 weeks left until my due date (April 10). I am really hoping it'll be two weeks, but I guess I shouldn't count on that as she'll come when she comes. I feel very big, very tired, am pretty grouchy and now my ankles are swollen. But, other than that we're both very healthy. I was tested for the crazy Strep B or whatever this week, so results should be here early next week. If I do test positive not much will change for the home birth, but will just be something they monitor. We had our home visit with our midwife on Tuesday and we're pretty much all set. She brought a birthing pool with her so now we just need a tarp to put under it if I decide to use it.
Jeff is doing great and staying busy working on the honey-do lists before baby arrives. It actually isn't that long, just one big project. He is refinishing an old dresser that was his Great-Granpa's to put in the baby's room. It has proven to be a lot of work. So far it is looking really nice, so I am excited to see it when it is done.
Jacinda still amazes us every day and is growing like a weed. Outfits we bought for her birthday are now getting too short. It is hard to get used to her outgrowing her clothes by length instead of width. She is still wearing a few things we bought her for her first birthday because the 24 mo clothes were the only things that fit her width at that time. She is starting to want to read us her books and does a great job remembering what each page says. It is wild to see her personality develop and to see how caring, compassionate and empathetic she is. We'll ask her if she wants a snack or something and she'll say, "No, no, no, it otay." Sometimes it seems like a way to get out of doing something, but often it is as if she doesn't want to burden us with her want. She is still very quick to comfort us if we say, "Owie" or act sad. Lately with my feet hurting due to the swelling she says, "It otay, Mommy, I kiss it better." She is now branching out in her cartoons, which we are very happy to oblige her requests to watch those more than once a day since we also have Dora episodes memorized and sad to admit we have over 80 Dora episodes on our DVR. Though I do have to say, this girl knows a lot of Spanish, so it isn't all bad. And, they recently had an episode on called, "Big Sister Dora" so we have been playing that a lot and explaining that she's gonna be a big sister like Dora. I think there will be some issues with sharing as can be expected, but she loves babies, so I think she'll quickly adjust. She is a very good mommy to her baby dolls, telling them it is ok, praying with them and saying many other things we say to her often. It is one of my favorite things to watch. And proof that she does listen to us so we need to be purposeful and watch what we say!
Sorry I don't have any pictures today, I will try to get some posted this weekend.
Thursday, March 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment