We had our 30 week appt. and all went really well. We tried to get an ultrasound picture with our camera this time, but our little angel was asleep facing away from us. She would not wake up or move for anything. We must have spent 10 minutes trying to get her to move or turn or something. So, we got to see the view of her little hiney and the back of her head. The good news is that her brain looks very good, her spine is good and even her little lungs are looking like they are right on track. She is measuring right at 30 weeks, so my hopes are high that we won't end up with a 9-10 pounder.
Other than that, I am really starting to feel the need to prepare for her birth. Some days I feel like I am clueless to what we even need or how we're going to take care of her. I'm sure this is something that everyone goes through, but I never thought that I would be there.
Another thing that has been on my mind is when to quit work. I'd love to have at least a week to rest, clean, do laundry etc. before she comes, but at the same time, if she's late then I might start getting restless. If I wait until I actually go into labor, then I risk being exhausted, dehydrated, etc. But, either way I do have to let work know what I'm going to do soon. My hearts desire to is for my last day to be Nov. 2, and not have to go back, but reality has set it that we probably can't afford for me not to work at least part-time. So, if I am just taking maternity leave, then I rather take as much time after. Course, since I don't have paid maternity leave, then the time off I have is really up to me anyway... but, how much can we afford for me to take? There's always something, huh?
Saturday, September 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment