Monday, September 17, 2007

Oh the joys...

One of the newest developments in my pregnancy seems to be arthritis. Well, it hasn't been actually diagnosed, but it feels like I have arthritis in my hands for the past days and nights. I thought I knew what was causing the stiffness and fixed that, but seems to be getting worse. I'm sure it is Edema related as I had a pretty good Edema flare up yesterday, but it is so bad that during the night I can hardly open my hands all the way. And, today it is hard to make a fist. So, I am doing everything they suggest for Edema, but if you have any suggestions on how to make this go away, please share! :) It is pretty scary waking up in the middle of the night and not being able to move your hands. It is so weird and not particularly convenient when you can't grasp toilet paper (sorry, to much information!).

1 comment:

Bree said...

Sorry girl but I think you may have the carpal tunnel monster. I've got it too! Email me and I'll tell you ALL about it. I thought mine was arthritis or what arthritis must feel like too. It is related to edema sort of. In pregnancy it is caused by an increase of fluids swelling in the area that holds the nerves to your hands. Sorry chica- it sucks!