Monday, Oct. 27, we went to Denver Children's Hospital and did a swallow study with Jacinda. It went AMAZINGLY well. She never once seemed scared or timid. They made her feel totally comfortable and just made it so easy! I love them and it was worth the drive. We found out right then that she does not aspirate, praise God, but that still leaves us not knowing why she has low oxygen saturation levels. I don't know what the next steps are, if any, but she is doing great! You will notice we hardly have any pictures of her with her oxygen on any more and that is because she is mobile and just gets tangled up and frustrated.
Here are some adorable pictures of her in the last couple weeks. Sorry if it is a bit overwhelming... I just can't help it!
Jacinda is fascinated with her Baby Einstein bowl, she loves the little pictures on the bottom. We were headed for the bath next, so I let her play with it... peas, peas everywhere! Here is Jacinda a little groggy and shaggy haired in the morning. We have been potty training conditioning since she was 8 months old, so every morning as soon as she wakes up we stick her on the potty chair. It gives her and us time to wake up, for us to get her shirt on, oxygen off and hair brushed since now that she is crawling she barely lets us do much with her after her pants are on. She does go and I think she gets the idea. Obviously until she can walk by herself and tell us potty, she isn't really potty trained.

Here she is the little crawling pro now pushing the laundry basket around our bedroom. About 3 weeks ago now, Oct. 16, she started crawling and walking along furniture, the same day. She loves both, but once she's on her feet she prefers that.

We decided to carve Jacinda's pumpkin the weekend before Halloween. Here I was showing Jacinda the inside of the pumpkin. She didn't want to have anything to do with it.
Didn't Daddy do a great job carving the pumpkin??
He made it cute like Jacinda.
For Halloween Jacinda was a Chicago Bears Cheerleader aka a Honey Bear to Bears fans.
Jennifer watched Jacinda on Halloween and so she took the kids to see Grandma Weaver and Great-Grandma. Jacinda go to play with a barrel of monkeys (an original barrel) for the first time. She looks like she really enjoyed it!
Daddy and Jacinda taking a bath like old times. She didn't quite know what to do with that much water. She only gets about 2 inches while Daddy filled it to about 8!
Last night I realized Jacinda's hair is finally long enough for pony and pigtails! :) I am so excited, so here is her picture from breakfast. She would not look at me for anything. I wish I would have tried this on Halloween. How adorable would that have been with her outfit?!
Well, it seems my little baby is getting to be a big girl because she weined herself over the weekend with only about one week until she's one. :( On Halloween I volunteered for Fall Fest at church, so Jeff had Jacinda and put her to bed before I got home because she was TIRED! When she woke up the first time in the night I tried nursing, but she used teeth and then tried again and she did it again and then after that would not nurse again. I am so relieved because since she was only down to the night nursings I was dreading weining her. I was going to wait until my vacation so I wouldn't be a zombie at work, but now I don't even have to worry about it. She's weined! :) Her favorite foods right now:
Goat milk
water (she doesn't seem to be a fan of juice yet, which is nice because it just means less sugar in her diet)
Toast (she'll even start whining the second she sees butter!)
Earth's best snack bars
still loves yogurt, but seems to be third to snack bars and toast
Well, I guess that is a long enough update for right now. I will try not to let so much time go between updats. The next update will probably be after she's ONE!!! I am so sad.... my baby is growing up...
1 comment:
Those pigtails are priceless!
Post a Comment